Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Still Trying to Get Used to This

I had so many ideas on what to blog about but now I keep forgetting to put it on the net.  I'll back track a little to catch up.


Last week the hubs and I went to eat at the renowned Jacques-Imo's for some "Real Nawlin" food.  It was our first trip and definitely won't be our last.  Locals and tourists love this restaurant for the ambiance and for the food.  


They don't take reservations unless the party is 5 or more...convenient, huh?  We have heard the wait can be very long so we went on a Tuesday night.  We were seated right away.  The tables are definitely crammed into tiny spaces but it makes for a fun atmosphere.  I think the music was too loud which wouldn't make for a romantic evening or a great dinner meeting.  I did notice a large party get seated in a private room but I'm not sure if the music played in there or not,
The trademark Jacques-Imo's truck
As soon as we were seated they brought warm cornbread muffins that were delicious.  The drink menu is limited, in fact I don't think there was a full bar. All entrees come with a dinner salad.  
Ick Salad
The waitress recommended an appetizer b/c "our entrees usually take 30 minutes, could be shorter, could be longer."  We chose the feature, some sort of shrimp cheesecake.  It was also delish.  I ordered the white meat fried chicken plate with mashed potatoes and roasted corn.  Hubs ordered some sort of grilled fish with the same sides.  My portion was huge and I definitely didn't finish.  Hubs portion was significantly smaller and not all that impressive, he said.  Prices were higher than average, with drinks our bill was almost $100.  

Oh, I almost forgot the details on the salad...ick.  It seriously tasted like dirt.  I could hardly taste the dressing, some sort of vinaigrette, there was a fried oyster on top and no other accompaniments.  I left half of mine on the plate and finished my corn muffin.

We will go back and we will definitely take every visitor there b/c it is such a Nawlins' staple.  

No comments:

Post a Comment