Monday, May 5, 2014

Here I Go Again...

...trying to make this tiny space of the world wide web work.  I'm admittedly jealous of the mom bloggers who have every month of their child's first two years of life documented online!  Why didn't I just commit to making that happen?!  Oh well, almost 10 months too late on that note.  I've said it before, I don't know exactly what to do with this space so it will continue to be a random collection of our daily lives.

I can't count the times I've been told "You should write a blog about being a new mom or a resident's wife or a NOLA resident or your travels."  So, I'll attempt it all.  I'm an avid travel reviewer on Trip Advisor, Yelp and Open Table so I will incorporate that a lot.  We are less than 3 months from the end of residency and living in NOLA so maybe I will share some of the past highlights.

It's no secret we have a baby now!  Asher Charles Saini joined our family in July 2013 and what a blessing he has been!
I'll do an entire post to catch-up on Asher Man soon.  Let's continue the recap:

In January, Vik found out he matched into the surgical retina fellowship at UAB and begins the first of July.  We are both so excited about moving to Birmingham!  

Our house has been on the market since mid-January and it's turning into quite a stressful process...multiple offers, multiple failed contracts and multiple price decreases.  You live and learn, right?!  There's no doubt this house has been a great first home with some precious memories but we are ready to move on and sooner rather than later.

We are currently living about an hour away from NO, in Houma.  Vik's residency program requires a lot of travel.  In three of the cities they travel to they are provided housing.  Third floor apartment living, with a 9 month old and two dogs, is something to get used to.  Apartment living (oh and the fact all of our belongings have been moved into storage in b'ham) has forced us to simplify our material things and way of living.  For me, it's been a breath of fresh air.  Although, a dresser in the bedrooms would be nice :)...Asher's clothes are laid out on a plastic covered box spring right now.  Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining!! We are very grateful to have the flexibility to join Daddy on his away rotations and still be together.  It will just be nice to get settled down.

We just got back from a week in St. Kitts with Vik's parents and also a week in Key West with my parents.  I will add links to my reviews soon and would love to answer any questions about those destinations or traveling with a baby #havebabywilltravel

Up next:  my favorite baby items, then and now

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for share this article, it very useful for me.
    I look forward to your new article.
    Extra resources

    ReplyDelete